Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Please - Abandon paypal

Hey,

I have always had problems with paypal but this one has crossed the line and I'm not even going to bother getting my account working again, I have been trying over 24 hours now.

Paypal restricted my account yesterday morning but I didn't worry about it at all because they did the same thing before for the same reason (Poker website, DeuceAce.com).

I am using paypal to accept payments from advertisers, I talked to a manager in Jan this year about it and he actually apologised for the mistake paypal made closing my account thinking I was taking payments for actual bets...

This time...they have been totally unhelpful, every email I have sent they said my account is closed, I have broken their AUP BUT THEY WONT TELL ME WHAT I HAVE DONE.

They said having a directory on my site is against their AUP....This must be a joke. What is a directory? A list of sites using a script to put them into categories to make it easier for users to find sites.


Im not even accepting payments for the links, it was there for ease of use for users.

NOWHERE in their AUP does it say a directory of gambling sites is not allowed.

I have asked numerous times and they still haven't answered.

So...does this mean that all sites linking to a gambling related site is breaking their AUP?
Obviously it must since that is exactly what my directory is doing only it is using categories for the links.

I wouldn't mind so much but I have funds in my account and they are frozen for 6 months.

I will not be using paypal again for any business and I would suggest anyone using them to ensure you don't keep ANY funds in your account.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.tylercruz.com/?p=130

That may be of some relevance to your problem ^^

John D said...

Thanks,

I have had the problem before but their management told me I wasn't doing anything against the AUP and phoned me up to apologise so I didn't expect this.

I told myself after last time not to keep money in the account but these things only seem to happen when you have money in that your just about to use.

Anonymous said...

Yes it does:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside&ed=gambling

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, check back a few posts on TylerCruz.com

John D said...

Nope, the told me the account was closed because of the directory on the site.

The directory is just like a normal links page with categories, I don't take payments through it or anything like that.

Yep I remember reading yours last month I think it was Tyler.

I'm getting this sorted now anyway, they seem to actually try help when you get a solicitor involved.

Anonymous said...

991818229

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.655729531.com]655729531[/url]

Anonymous said...

http://www.671429176.com

Anonymous said...

1105529911